The power of Aromatherapy
Learn what essential oils can be used for and how to apply them. My goal is to expand your usage if you already use essential oils or to get you started immediately if you haven’t already. Many people think of aromatherapy as just a “feel good” kind of thing, something to add to a massage to make you relax. However, often they are not aware of the wide range of health conditions that essential oils can be used for. There are 85 conditions or situations which I’ve used essentials for. Here are some of the conditions and issues aromatherapy can help with.
Essential oils have been used for:
Stress – anxiety, fatigue, insomnia
Skin problems – eczema, psoriasis, rashes, inflammation, acne, abscess, infections, hemorrhoids.
First aid –cuts, burns, bee stings, rashes, emotional stress, shock, trauma, PTSD.
Circulation problems – lymphedema, blood pressure, palpitations, strengthening the heart – cardiotonics.
Emotional healing – helping sadness, grief, loss, depression, anger, irritability, addiction.
Mental Performance – enhance memory, mental acuity for studying, test performance, accuracy for math problems, accounting, writing and other mental work.
Spiritual healing – essential oils can be used for spiritual protection and healing. I teach spiritual bathing and anointing with spiritual oils to bring peace, calm and healing.
Aphrodisiacs – enhance your love life, increase creativity with bathing in rose petals and make custom essential oils blends and massage oils for your lover.
Beauty – making your own lotions and body care products; create your own natural fragrances without the side effects of synthetic fragrances.
Preventing Infection – diffusing and cleaning with essential oils may prevent infections in the home or workplace.
Respiratory problems – asthma, bronchitis, wheezing.
Sinus problems – congestion, allergies, infections.
Musculoskeletal problems – muscle soreness, joint pain, rheumatism.
The Basics – Safety, how not to hurt yourself.
Oils can burn the skin and cause photosensitive reactions (discoloration from the sun). I’ve had friends who have permanent discoloration from incorrect use on the skin. You want to avoid unnecessary reactions from using oils inappropriately. Learn:
- Safe use on the skin. Which oils are safe to use, which ones should be avoided.
- Safe storage and handling of essential oils.
- How to dilute them, what percentage, what type of carrier oil.
- Which oils can be used “neat” or directly and why.
- Internal use – how to use them safely. Over consumption can be fatal so you want to learn what not to do.
- They can burn the mouth, esophagus if you take the wrong oils internally.
- How to mix them, in capsules, carrier oils.
- Cooking with essential oils – safe recipes
Included in the course I also teach alternatives to internal use – herbal tincture formulas which are often preferable, safer, giving protocols, recipes and case histories.
- Neat application
- Internal Use
- Vaginal use
- Rectal use
Classes of oils to know
- Grounding oils
- Emollient oils
- Astringent oils
- Anelgesic oils
- Cicatrisant oils
- Spiritually Protective oils
How to Select Oils
Organoleptic Assessment of Essential oils
- How to tell if an essential oil is good
- How to cultivate your sense of smell to discern good oils
- How your sense of smell can help with your intuition
- How your sense of smell and your body’s signals are more sensitive than any instrument.
- Learning to trust your sense of smell and your intuition
The Art of Blending Oils
- I teach what I call “balanced brain prescribing”
- Using both your left and right side of your brain.
- How to lead with your intuition, then verify with science
- How to put together a blending palette, for different purposes.
- Examples of oils that love to be together
- “curing” the blend, allowing the alchemy to happen.
- Use high quality containers and bottles.
Essential Oils for First Aid
- Treating burns, sunburns and burns with fire, cookware
- Treating cuts – 4 essential oils to use, when and how to apply them.
- Shock – essential oils to use after car accident, fall, any kind of trauma.
- Headache oils
Preventing and Treating Infections
- Antibacterial oils
- Case history: 26-year-old with abscess on the Toe
- Case history: 62-year-old patient with MRSA for six months
- Case history: 48-year-old with MRSA
- Case history: 45-year-old Hair dressed with frequent colds, every 3 weeks
- Remedies for sore throat
- Recipe for mouth wash, gargle
- Treating gum infections
Antiviral Essential Oils
- Sinus formula– nasosympatico treatment for colds and chronic sinus infections
- Cold sore treatment suggestion
- Genital herpes – treatment protocol
- Shingles massage oil for pain
- Toothache oils
- Respiratory infections – formulas and treatments
- Antiparasite essential oils and herbal tincture alternative to using oils. I find safe and just as effective
- Treating Acne, rashes, eczema, psoriasis, inflammation
- Lumps, bumps, masses and tumors
- How to make a poultice
- Case history: 32 old with lymphoma, neck tumor poultice with essential oils
- Anti-cancer Essential oils
Emotional and Spiritual Healing
- How to blend for emotional healing
- How do oils heal our heart?
- Spiritual Bathing – a sacred ancient ritual for purification
- What is a spiritual crisis and how can essential oils help
- Essential Oils for Spiritual Protection
- Nervine & adaptogen oils for relaxation
- ADD and ADHD
Summary of Essential Oils I use the Most and will utilize in the formulas given
|Basil, tropical||ocimum basilicum|
|Bay, laurel||laurus noblis|
|Chamomile, Cape||Eriocephalus punctulatus|
|Chamomile, Roman||anthemis noblis|
|Chamomile, German||matricaria chamomilla|
|Cinnamon Bark||cinnamomum zeylanicum|
|Cinnamon Leaf||cinnamomum zeylanicum|
|Cistus, rock rose||cistus landaniferus|
|Clary Sage||salvia sclaria|
|Fir, balsam||abies balsamea|
|Juniper Berry||juniperus communis|
|Lemon Verbena||lippia citradora|
|Marjoram, sweet||origanum majorana|
|Melissa (lemon balm)||melissa officinalis|
|Neroli||citrus aurantium amara|
|Palmarosa||cymbopogon martini var sof|
|Pepper, black||piper nigrum|
|Petigrain bigarade||citrus aurantium|
|Rose otto||rose damascena|
|Rose, absolute||rose damascena|
|Spruce, black||micea mariana|
|Tea Tree Oil||melaleuca alternifolia|
|Thyme, linalol||thymus vulgaris|
|Ylang Ylang, extra||canaga odorata|